Friday, August 10, 2007

YOWZA...

Congratulations, Mistee!
Mistee won for the week of 8/8, but it isn't too late to count yourself in to win next week! We have two more weigh-ins left for this session and two more opportunities to take home $80.

Helpful hints, especially from Tami to my Heritage Hotties:

1. Drink your water! I keep a jug in my fridge that I refill everyday. I know I have had all of my water when it is empty.

2. Lay off the Diet Coke. Diet Coke (or any soda) will make you more thirsty, and if you are like most, you will reach for another Diet Coke! Try subbing with the 5 calorie Light Minute Maid Lemonade (in the can). They are delicious and a lot better for you than a canned soda.

3. Don't overhaul yourself in one week. It won't stick. Try changing one thing a week and adjusting slowly. For example: The first week, drink all of your water. The second week, drink all of your water and take your vitamins. The third week, water, vitamins, eliminate one trip to Sonic. Keep going every week with one new change, and before you know it, you will see your life change.

4. Forget about fad diets. Create your own program using tools from the diets that you have had success on in the past. Do something you can stick with and don't completely deprive yourself of the things you love.

5. PORTION CONTROL. If you go to Chili's and you want that high calorie pasta, get it and box up half of it before you start eating. Eat the rest at your next meal or for lunch the next day. That way, you get your craving satisfied and your split the calorie/fat intake in half. Most restaurant portions are entirely too big for one person anyway. I don't know about you, but my eyes get bigger than my stomach and I hate leaving delicious food on my plate. This way, I am not leaving food and I don't have to cook the next day!!

YOU GUYS CAN DO THIS.
DON'T GIVE UP!
It is hard to change your life. Think about the people around you and how much better you will feel if you lost those extra pounds that bug you. You will have a better disposition and you will feel like you have accomplished something. If you need me, don't hesitate to call me. I am here to help you, even if it is just to listen to your heartaches about the last week's results!

1 comment:

PB said...

Hey Mistee - What did you do with your winnings? Did you buy any Pipi Coladas?